Sunday, September 16, 2012

Catching Up

First I want to apologize for the absence of posts over the past week or two.  I moved, started a new job and attended a Ravens' game and two O's games on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of last week.  Busy is probably a good way to describe it.

That said, there's something I find really interesting about the O's playoff run.  Having gone to two games early this past week I noticed something special about the attendance.  People on twitter, including myself from time to time have called out "O's fans" for not showing up to the yard and supporting the team.  I can tell you that it was amazing to have 45,000 fans at the Cal Ripken game screaming their heads off and supporting the team.  However, the Rays series this past week saw between 20,000 and 25,000 fans.

Again, calls for people to show up rang out and they might have been warranted.  That's irrelevant though.  If people don't want to enjoy this run and take in the Oriole magic, it's their loss.  I'm perfectly happy to have 25,000 people around at the yard supporting the team.  O's fans, I urge you to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and just get out to the yard for the Jays and Red Sox series to see this season to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment